United Nation's of 8Realms

Welcome to the United Nation's Alliance forums. Please sign in to have access to our forums. New users please sign up with your in-game username.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the United Nation's Alliance forums. Please sign in to have access to our forums. New users please sign up with your in-game username.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The alliance from 8Realms

Please Invite ALL the players you know to our alliance. We are in need of an expansion.
Please Register on 8Realms Maniacs at www.8realmsmaniacs.com We are now active on their website as well so sign up!
Please posts your new empire names on our Wallace forum to update our memberlist.
We are officially eradicating Nanites on Montgomery and Spartacus. Join in the effort of killing these blasted things! Please check our Nanite Neutralization Forum.
EVERYONE MUST FIND WHICH LEGION THEY ARE IN. PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD: https://unitednations8r.forumotion.com/t61-quads-and-legions
Hello Guests, please see the Sign Up forums to sign up or visit our chat lounge for support. Please do register!
PC 201 MEMBERS PLEASE GO TO FORUMS > PC201 > PRICE UPDATES FOR THE MOST RECENT PRICE UPDATES.

2 posters

Suggestions on how to deal with griefers

Oudaaarns
    Oudaaarns
    Elite
    Elite

Forum Points : 67

Empires
    Empires: (Cleopatra) Sinsemillan, (Lincoln) Truth, (Montgomery) Quastorite, (Spartacus) Sol Invictus, (Wallace) Oudaaarns
    Settlements:

Suggestions on how to deal with griefers Empty Suggestions on how to deal with griefers

Post by Oudaaarns Thu May 24, 2012 3:48 am

So i deal with griefers very harshly, something along the lines of "an eye for an eye with interest". but of course i see the alliance as being a last resort and should be significantly more kind/magnanimous than myself.

Usually its like this. unnanounced captures against me lead to an annoyed message or a general "???" trying to talk to the guy. negotiated captures are dealt with individually. responded to accordingly.

Raids against me, i immediately retaliate either capturing several of their tiles or raiding back in a greater number. (since raids are purely an act of hostility with no gain on their part) at this point it's their prerogative to either negotiate or retaliate back. if they retaliate i go into a unspoken war in which i use every garrison they raid to raid them back.

If this last point is reached and they try to recapture their tiles, i'll keep them clear for as long as i feel like it until i get bored.

Usually griefers will let all their tiles be raided and not recapture them. theres basically nothing we can do against them except maybe taunt them a little and defend the tiles (with artillery). and force them to either use artillery to clear them or take heavy losses per friendly unit death.

So now you know my MO.

As for the alliance, my first suggestion is simply don't "invite them to the alliance" in reward for their hostlile actions.

How to deal with them? i'd say the member comes to the alliance with a complaint/request and a little proof as to what is going on. then we vote on options as to what we do.

the lowest option would be a collective warning. stating to them from all our different participating empires that they have gotten our attention and that continuing would provoke collective response. to demand they stop

If applicable the next escalation would be collective raids. all participating empires take turns clearing all their tiles in order to impress how outnumbered he is and incent him to stop for a number of days. we would not negotiate with him until this is over.

Last would be collective war. where we all work together to keep all his tiles cleared until he agrees to stop.

If they are full-on griefers that don't care about their garrisons on that particular empire, we should vote to see if what they've done warrants a X-server effort to carry out the above. including someone who wouldnt reveal they're in the alliance to friend him and find out his other empires.

the overall goal is to get them to stop or negotiate and requests should only be sent if they can't get them to stop on their own, as well as the victim should immediately alert the alliance if a negotiation attempt is made. also being a greater force, we shouldn't have to concede or make negotiations that aren't to our benefit. participation in carrying out these actions for the alliance should have some sort of reward for the participants.

And of course there is room for discussion and democratic votes in almost every part of dealing with an enemy. we should always vote about actions as much as possible. What we want though is that members can solve their problems on their own. we should only have to step in to teach someone some manners.
    Archon Angel
    Archon Angel
    Council Member
    Council Member

Forum Points : 457

Empires
    Empires: Athens, Capitol, The Panem Empire, United Nations
    Settlements: Sparta,District I, Nation I

Suggestions on how to deal with griefers Empty Re: Suggestions on how to deal with griefers

Post by Archon Angel Sat May 26, 2012 2:02 am

Great suggestion Oudaaarns, gotta say I like that idea. Although an invitation should be sent to those who surrenders. It's like what the Spartans did, back during their wars. Captured slaves called Helots we're to join their army. I mean if they were strong enough to summon the whole alliance for help, I say they could be a great asset to our alliance.

In terms of Private war, I definitely do agree with that. If you could take care of the griefer yourself, then go crazy. But if it's a war against someone an age ahead of you and has a significantly stronger army, then yes you may request for an Operation. Good post Oudaaarns, +Rep and 20 Forum Points. The topic will be editted, moved and stickied.

If anyone has got another suggestion please post here as well.

Thanks. (: